E. M. W. GAS ASSOCIATION
416 5th Street / P.O. BOX 118
ESTANCIA, NEW MEXICO 87016-0118
PHONE (505) 384-2369 FAX (505) 384-2234
GENERAL MANAGER EMW GAS ASSOCIATION
EMW Gas Association, an intermunicipal distributor of natural gas throughout the Estancia Valley, is seeking a highly qualified individual with a strong background in construction and/or utility management to serve as the organization’s General Manager.
Applications with attached resumes will be accepted until 1:00 p.m. local time on Friday, January 12, 2018, by email to Ronnie Reynolds, (email@example.com), mailed to the EMW Gas Association with attention to Ronnie Reynolds, (P.O. Box 118, Estancia, NM 87016), or dropped off at EMW Gas Association, 416 5th St., Estancia, NM 87016. Only candidates being considered for the position will be contacted.
EMW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace. An educational/experience inquiry, criminal history check, and pre-employment drug screening may be performed. Position will remain open until filled.
The General Manager provides overall leadership; overseeing all activities and management for EMW’s Gas operation and staff. This position works closely with the Office Manager and Field Supervisor to insure administrative, financial, technical, maintenance, public relations and repair duties are performed satisfactory and to code, under the General Manager’s natural gas contractor’s license.
It is necessary in this position to insure the safety of the pipeline, the public and its employees by overseeing the integrity of the system, maintaining awareness of advances in technological and administrative activities with other utilities. It is important to maintain a positive working relationship with the Board of Directors, customers, regulators, employees, City, County and State Departments by ensuring compliance to policies and procedures which are to be followed to perform related work as required. This position reports directly to the EMW Board of Directors and works as a member of EMW’s work team.
This position involves the ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in carrying out responsibilities, under policies established by the Board, the State Public Regulatory Commission and the Federal Pipe Line Regulation Commission. The General Manager position requires a strong knowledge of the natural gas rate design concepts and best practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Hire, encourage, train, monitor, and evaluate staff to make sure they maintain a professional and technical skill level, so that they are able to perform their duties in a safe and efficient way; develop and implement rules and regulations to a diverse staff, both, directly and through subordinates
- Assist in preparing, overseeing, monitoring and presenting yearly budget recommendations to the Board of Directors
- Prepare and submit quarterly and yearly reports required by the Public Safety Board and the Federal Government, as well as prepare rate change requests to the Board
- Maintain strict compliance with all procurement and government regulations to make sure EMW Gas operation and its staff follow the required procedures and laws
- Approving authority for payroll, time off, purchase orders, invoices, and ACH’s
- Overseer of yearly employee and EMW’s functions; Annual Meeting, Christmas dinner, and Annual Steak Fry
- Ensure E.M.W. remains a profitable organization while maintaining fair rates for its customers.
- Other duties as assigned